The Company´s shares are listed for trading in the Bovespa under the symbol “CIEL3”. Cielo has entered into an agreement with the Bovespa to list its shares in the “Novo Mercado” the highest level of the differentiated corporate governance practices.
The Cielo stocks assure their holders the following rights:
- the right to participate in the distribution of profits;
- the right to participate, in proportion to ownership interest in Guarani’s share capital, in
- supervise the social affairs management, as provided by law;
- the right to preemptive rights in relation to the subscription of shares, convertible debentures or subscription bonuses, except in the circumstances described in the Brazilian
- leaving Cielo, under the assumptions listed in the Corporations Law, as described below
Except in specific situations provided for in the Corporations Law and in its Bylaws, the Cielo‘ stockholders are entitled to participate in capital increases, proportionally their respective stocks.
According to the Bylaws, the common stocks are entitled to be included in a public offer to buy stocks, due to the Company‘s control transfer, in order to ensure them a treatment equal to that given to the alienating controlling stockholders.
While the Company is in the Novo Mercado (New Market), it cannot issue preferred capital stocks or founder shares and, for leaving the Novo Mercado, it shall carry out a public offering.
All Cielo’s material facts, earnings results and other notices to the market are published simultaneously at CVM/Bovespa and at the investor relations area of the Company’s website (www.cielo.com.br), and sent later by email to persons registered to receive this information. To receive information by e-mail please register here.
Complete financial statements are published annually on the newspapers “Diário Oficial do Estado de São Paulo” and “Valor Econômico”. Quarterly financial statements, press releases, presentations, material facts and notices to shareholders are available in the investor relations area of Cielo’s website (www.cielo.com.br). Other information about the Company also may be obtained on the website of São Paulo Stock Exchange (www.bmfbovespa.com.br) and at the Securities and Exchange Commission of Brazil – CVM (www.cvm.gov.br).
The investors residing outside Brazil, including institutional investors, are authorized to acquire securities, including Cielo shares, at the Brazilian stock exchanges, as long as they comply with the register requirements under Resolution nº 2,689 and CVM Instruction nº 325, of January 27, 2000, and amendments.
The investors registered under Resolution nº 2,689, except for certain circumstances, may carry out any type of transaction in the Brazilian capital market involving a security traded in the stock exchange, futures market or organized over-the-counter market. The investments in and remittances of, outside Brazil, earnings, dividends, profits or other payments related to Cielo shares are carried out through the foreign exchange market.
To become an investor registered under the provisions of Resolution nº 2,689, an investor residing outside Brazil shall:
- appoint representative in Brazil, with powers to perform actions relating to its investment;
- appoint an authorized custodian in Brazil for its investment under Resolution nº 2,689, which must be a financial institution duly authorized by the BACEN and CVM; and – through its representative, register as a non-Brazilian investor with the CVM and register the investment with the BACEN.
Securities and other financial assets held by non-Brazilian investors pursuant to CMN Resolution no 2,689 must be registered or maintained in deposit accounts or under the custody of an entity duly licensed by the BACEN or the CVM. In addition, securities trading are restricted to transactions carried out in the stock exchange or through organized over-the-counter markets licensed by the CVM.