Customer Relationship Policy
Record of Reviews
|Version:||Date of Review:||Track Record:|
|2||08/06/2015||Including the Items Scope (II), Additional Documents (III), Concepts and Acronyms (IV), Responsibilities (V), Management of Consequences (VII) and Item 4.3.
Amending items 2.2 and 2.4.
|3||07/20/2017||Updating items II. Scope, III. Additional Documents, V. Responsibilities and sub-items 3.2, 3.3 and 5.2 of VI. Guidelines.|
|4||12/30/2019||Updating item II. Scope, III. Guidelines Subitems 1.1, 2.3, 2.4, 3.1, 3.2, 4.2, 4.3, 5.3, 5.4, 8.1, 8.2, V. Responsibilities, VI. Additional Documents, VII. Concepts and Acronyms and VIII. General Provisions.|
Building sustainable Customer relationships, meeting their needs and strengthening the relationship between the parties.
All members of the Management (officers, statutory or not, members of the Board of Directors and members of the Advisory Committees), members of the Fiscal Council and employees of Cielo S.A., Servinet Serviços Ltda., Aliança Pagamentos e Participações Ltda. and Stelo S.A., hereinafter (“Cielo” or “Company”).
All of the Company’s Subsidiaries must establish their directives based on the guidance provided in this Policy, considering the specific needs and legal and regulatory aspects to which they are subject.
Regarding the Affiliated Companies, the Company’s representatives working in the Management of Affiliated Companies should make efforts to set their directive based on the guidance provided for in this Policy, considering the specific needs and legal and regulatory aspects to which they are subject.
1. Strategic Planning
1.1. Cielo’s strategy and positioning are to act in initiatives that have the purpose to keep the Customer as the focus of its attention and in the core of its decisions.
2. Transparency and Ethics
2.1. Cielo seeks to maintain a transparent, honest, clear and ethical relationship with its Customers, in accordance with the Code of Ethical Conduct.
2.2. Contributing in an effective way to the success of Customers in the long-term is the shortest way to make the Mission come true.
2.3. All employees must ensure the confidentiality of the Customer’s information, building and keeping a relationship of trust and harmony, strictly complying with what has been hired and always seeking excellence when rendering services.
2.4. The information provided by the Customer must be strictly controlled to preserve its integrity and comply with the strict standards of security and confidentiality, always in compliance with the current laws of the Country.
2.5. Employees must be committed to absolute secrecy regarding the information, data and documents received.
3. Accreditation / Market
3.1. Cielo has a fast and safe Customer Accreditation with accurate information.
3.2. Competitive prices are applied to different markets, stimulating the acceptance of cards as an electronic payment method, including the admission of small entrepreneurs, contributing to the Brazilian Payment System [SPB, Sistema de Pagamentos Brasileiro] and to the development of the economy.
3.3. Cielo works focused on keeping the current markets and expanding to and winning new markets.
3.4. The participation in new markets should provide Cielo with the image of an innovative company committed to generating solutions that meet the needs of customers.
4. Relationship Channels
4.1. To provide customers an easy and constant access to information about products and services offered by Cielo, relationship channels are available to clarify doubts, send suggestions, file criticisms and complaints.
4.2. Relationship channels are understood as the means the Company makes available to exchange information with Customers, such as Call Centers, Social Media, Commercial Area, Stores, Contact Us, Ombudsman, Application, Website, and Ethics Channel, the latter only when dealing with issues of ethical conduct that differ from Cielo’s Code of Ethical Conduct.
4.3. Relationship channels maximize the use of Customers’ information, making it flow throughout the Company and delivering it to the responsible areas according to their needs, always complying with the safety standards mentioned in item 2.4.
5. Service, Retention, and Loyalty
5.1. Customer service and a good company-customer relationship are key for the effective resolution of any difficulty or problem that may be faced by the parties.
5.2. Service, retention, and loyalty actions are always under development and are constantly improved for the best relationship with the Customer.
5.3. Periodically, Cielo has customer satisfaction surveys to improve the operational efficiency of the Company as a whole.
5.4. Cielo also has a Recommendation Survey with its Customers, which results in the Net Promoter Score (NPS) Indicator, which directly affects the Variable Compensation for all its employees.
6. Fraud Prevention
6.1. Customer’s risks of fraud and financial losses are mitigated through prevention, awareness, consulting services, monitoring measures and prompt action regarding identified occurrences.
6.2. The safety of the Customers’ transaction is always in compliance with the requirements and standards of the industry of payment methods.
7. Operational Support
7.1. The adequacy of services and capture solutions are supported by the legitimate interest in the Customer, meeting the current and future needs of the market in which Cielo operates.
7.2. The operational support activities ensure quality, agility, and adequacy to several Customer segments, valuing efficiency, cost minimization and process improvement.
8. Quality and Efficiency in Services
8.1. Cielo’s premise is to offer innovative products and services, enabling the development and meeting the needs of each customer profile.
8.2. Cielo adopts the Supplier Relationship Management (SRM), a program to monitor and evaluate suppliers with the purpose to ensure quality, continuity, and efficiency in the services provided to customers.
IV. Management of Consequences
Employees, suppliers or other stakeholders who see any deviations from the guidelines of this Policy, may report the fact to the Ethics Channel (www.canalconfidencial.com.br/cielo or 0800 775 0808), anonymously or not.
Internally, the failure to comply with the guidelines of this Policy envisages the application of measures to charge the agents who do not comply with this Policy according to related seriousness of such non-compliance.
- Members of the Management and Employees: Observing and ensuring the compliance with this Policy and, whenever necessary, seek the Commercial department for its opinion on situations involving conflict with this Policy or due to the occurrence of situations described therein.
- Commercial BUs – Large Accounts, Retail, and Entrepreneurs: Ensuring the service to customers segmented in each BU through the available channels, valuing ethics and good relationships, ensuring the Company’s results according to its purposes.
- Operations and Service Executive Vice Presidency (Remote Channel Management): Ensuring the customer service according to the strategy set by the BUs.
VI. Additional Documents
- Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Suppliers’ Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- Prevailing laws within the federal, state and municipal scopes.
- Internal rules continuously improved, approved by the appropriate levels of authority and made available to all employees.
VII. Concepts and Acronyms
- BU: Acronym for Business Unit.
- Affiliated Companies: companies in which the Company has significant influences, pursuant to Article 243, Paragraph 4 and 5 of the Brazilian Corporation Law, (i) there is a significant influence when the Company holds or exercises the power to participate in the decisions of a company’s financial or operating policies, without, however, controlling it; and (ii) the significant influence will be assumed when the Company owns twenty percent (20%) or more of the voting capital of the said company, without controlling it.
- Subsidiaries: Companies in which the Company, directly or indirectly, holds rights as partner or shareholder, which permanently guarantee to the Company the preponderance in corporate resolutions and the power to elect the majority of the members of the Management, pursuant to Article 243, Paragraph 2 of the Brazilian Corporation Law.
- Stakeholders: All relevant audiences with interests related to the Company, as well as individuals or entities assuming any type of direct or indirect risk towards the company. Amongst others, we point out: shareholders, investors, employees, society, customers, suppliers, creditors, governments and regulatory agencies, competitors, press, professional associations and entities, users of electronic means of payment and non-governmental organizations.
- EVP: Executive Vice President.
VIII. General Provisions
It shall be incumbent upon the Company’s Board of Directors to amend this Policy whenever necessary.
This Policy takes effect on the date of its approval by the Board of Directors and revokes any contrary documents.